Harris Co. Superintendent announces upcoming retirement | News
HARRIS COUNTY, GA (WTVM)- Dr. Craig Dowling announced his plans to retire as Superintendent of Harris County at the Board of Education meeting on Thursday, September 5. His retirement will be effective January 1, 2014.
"It has been an honor to serve the Harris County School District as Superintendent" said Dr. Dowling. "I am extremely proud of the school district accomplishments both at the district and school level."
Dowling has been the Superintendent of the Harris County School District for four and a half years.
The school board says it will begin immediately formulating a plan to find Dowling's successor.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man scratches lofty $500K prize in West Point
- Two people found dead in Valley, Ala. home identified
- Authorities save Valley suspect from drowning in Chattahoochee River
- Valley Police make arrest in rape case, teen suspect connected to other crimes
- West Point Police searching for 3 home invasion/robbery suspects