Petland says pet owners need to beware of Halloween dangers to pets | Families
COLUMBUS, GA - Halloween can be a fun holiday for families and their pets. However, Petland asks that pet owners are aware of potential dangers to their pets in order to keep this holiday safe and fun for their four-legged family members.
“At Petland, we educate our customers on potential holiday dangers so that they can keep their pets safe while still including them in the fun this Halloween,” said, Don Popham, owner of the Petland in Columbus.
While the ghouls and goblins that come knocking on our door Halloween night are part of the fun for us, our pets may feel differently. Strange and unusual sights and sounds can scare your pet. Petland recommends that you keep your pet inside, out of harm’s way.
“Ideally, the pet should be secluded in a quiet room while the Halloween festivities go on,” said Popham. “Not only will this help your pet stay calm, but you also avoid the possibility of your pet escaping or becoming aggressive towards unfamiliar surroundings.”
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man scratches lofty $500K prize in West Point
- Two people found dead in Valley, Ala. home identified
- Authorities save Valley suspect from drowning in Chattahoochee River
- Valley Police make arrest in rape case, teen suspect connected to other crimes
- West Point Police searching for 3 home invasion/robbery suspects