Harris County man accused of shooting brother in chest | Crime
HARRIS COUNTY, GA - Harris County Sheriff’s deputies were called to a home off Twin Lakes Road in Waverly Hall Wednesday night at 9:00 pm.
They found a 46 year-old victim with a gunshot wound to his chest. He was transported to the Medical Center in Columbus where he is currently in the ICU listed in critical condition.
Deputies say that the victim’s brother, 33 year-old Cedric Carter was still on the scene and told deputies about a pistol on the BBQ grill. He was arrested and charged with aggravated assault.
The suspect told deputies that the shooting was an accident.
But, deputies tell us they do know alcohol was involved in the incident.
The two brothers had an argument before the shooting, but it is not clear yet what the argument was about.
Carter is still being held in the Harris County Jail. A bond has not been set yet.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man scratches lofty $500K prize in West Point
- Two people found dead in Valley, Ala. home identified
- Authorities save Valley suspect from drowning in Chattahoochee River
- Valley Police make arrest in rape case, teen suspect connected to other crimes
- West Point Police searching for 3 home invasion/robbery suspects